Midland Cool supplies micathermic heaters to schools and retail outlets
Here at Midland Cool we are finding micathermic space heaters are becoming increasingly popular with our customers. These heaters are unique in that they combine two methods of heating – convection and radiant heating - to provide fast, efficient and safe heating for the workplace.
Last winter we supplied some heaters to retail units in The Bullring and we have recently supplied some heaters to a primary school in the Birmingham B5 area. These were needed urgently due to a boiler breakdown and micathermic heaters are particularly suitable as they are cool to the touch and have additional safety features.
- The heater’s thermostat monitors temperature and is programmed to automatically cut power to the unit if it starts overheating, while a motion sensor will cut the power if it is knocked. They are particularly suitable for use in a children’s nursery or school, care home or hospital.
- Micathermic heaters have a protective grill covering the mica heating panels. As mica is an electric insulator, the panels keep the grill cool to the touch, preventing any burns or shocks, and enabling them to be moved even when just switched off.
- The element of the micathermic heater is small and only used to heat the mica stone so the element consumes very little power.
- Micathermic heaters have the ability to heat up larger areas without the assistance of a blower, meaning they produce no sound when running. The air warmed by the micathermic heater pushes the cool air towards the heater itself which is how the cool air is warmed without the use of a fan.
- An area warmed by a micathermic heater remains warm for a long time even after the heater is turned off.
- Micathermic heaters are very portable as they have an insulated handle, enabling these lightweight units to be wheeled about which is ideal for zone heating
- The mica panels are thin and lightweight, meaning that the micathermic heater can be mounted on the walls
- While other types of heaters heat the ambient air, the air will become dry. Using micathermic heaters mean the air will retain moisture.
For more information or advice on micathermic heaters, or to get a quote, please call us on 0121 359 5100 or complete our online enquiry form.